Friday, April 1, 2011

New mommy style

Since I gave birth to Samuel, I've been pretty bad about looking my best. My outfit of choice was usually a pair of maternity jeans and sweatshirts with either Ugg boots or mules. Classy, for sure. My mother was increasingly annoyed with my rapper's ass, as she called it. The crotch of my pants would sag, it looked like I had no butt at all. We set off on a classy yet inexpensive wardrobe to mix with my pre-pregnancy clothes.

Many places we visited didn't carry my size or have anything that flattered my belly. Keep in mind, this belly was not a product of my pregnancy. It was there long before I even met my husband; it's just floppy now. My pre-baby wardrobe includes lots of tanks, bermuda shorts and flip flops. With $160 and a LOT of coupons, I was able to add to my wardrobe substantially at NY & Company. Four pairs of crops, one pair of shorts, one pair of bermudas, three cardigans, four tops and a short trench, and I almost forgot, a pair of peep toe flats. Worth every cent.

Here are some of my best finds:

I love this simple v-neck cardigan. I purchased it in this stone color, and once I wore it and LOVED it, I went back and got it in black. Love.

I live in anything comfortable. These crops, in olive, tan and grey, can easily be dressed up or down. Let me tell you this: NY&Co should have a girl with curves pose in these pants. This stick does them no justice!

The shirt, pants and jacket are all a part of my new spring summer wardrobe. I love the softness of the top and the spunky, fun peach jacket. I wish I could tolerate a necklace because that looks so put together. Alas, I rip them off within minutes of putting one on.

Love. I can doll these up with heels or throw on flip flops to be comfy, and I'll still look more tailored than I have been. If only it would stop snowing. 

My splurge? Ann Taylor Loft. I got a dress and two tops there. Almost as much as I spent at NY&Co, but worth it for the quality. My favorite new addition:


Love the color, love the fit, love it all. I can't wait to wear this to one of the many events I have coming up in the next few months. Now I need to look for a new pair of shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment